Texas Parent Taught Driver Ed Course 102 - National Driver Training Institute
The Texas parent taught drivers education course 102, which is provided by the National Drivers Training Institute, is one of the parent taught driver ed courses officially certified by the Texas Department of Public Safety. The price for the drivers education course may vary, so you are advised to contact the National Drivers Training Institute for the current quote.
Before You Start Your Parent Taught Course
There are certain things you should know before you start your course 102. Actually, this refers not only to the course provided by the NDTI, but to any parent taught driver ed in Texas. The first thing you should do even before you start the program is to apply for the parent taught drivers education package. You can apply by filling in the application form DL-92 and mailing it to the DPS along with a $20 check or a money order. Please note that the fee is not refundable. If you are approved by the DPS for this type of drivers education, you will receive the parent taught package within 3-4 weeks of your application. Once you have the package, you are clear to start your class.
Now, even though this step above may seem like something which can be dismissed, doing so will effectively see your course results not being accepted by the DPS. The DPS clearly states that any progress made in the drivers education program prior to receiving the DPS package will not be validated.
What You Get For Your Money
The course is primarily offered in the online form and at the time when this was written, it was sold for $74. For this money you got access to the course materials on the website, 7 hours of online video and unlimited practice test questions.
If you don't want to take the course online, you may also order all course materials on a CD or DVD. For example, to get this course on a CD-ROM, you would have to pay $10 extra. The CD-ROM is shipped to you and you can install the program onto your computer.
You can also order the textbook for an additional charge of $55 and those extra 7 hours of video on DVD for another $35. The only reason why you would want to do that is if you live in the area that has poor Internet connection. If your connection can handle large volumes of data and online video does not take ages to load, you should just stick to the online drivers ed program.
Frankly, this is one of the cheaper Texas drivers ed courses out there and it will get you your Texas learners permit and drivers license just like any other certified course that cost more. So if you are looking to save a few bucks, the parent taught driver ed course by the National Driver Training Institute may be your option.
Other Parent Taught Programs Offered in Texas
The Department of Public Safety in Texas only approves the following Drivers Ed courses:
- course #101 - basic driver education course offered by the DPS
- course #102 - offered by National Driver Training Institute. CD-ROM or book driver education courses available
- course #103 - offered by Driver Ed in a Box. CD-ROM or book driver education courses available
- course #104 - offered by Curb Buster. CD-ROM or book driver education courses available
- course #105 - offered by Driver Ed at Home. Only book driver education course is available
- course #106 - offered by Texas Driver and Traffic Safety Education Association. Only book driver education course is available
- course #107 - offered by Virtual Drive of Texas. Computer based CD-ROM driver education course is available
- course #108 - offered by DriversEd.com. Online driver education course is available
- course #109 - offered by I DRIVE SAFELY. Online driver education course is available