Eng Esp

Proof of birth date and legal presence in California

You can use the following documents to provide proof of birth date and legal presence:

  1. U.S. Birth Certificate
  2. U.S. Certificate or Report of Birth Abroad
  3. Federal Proof of Indian Blood Degree
  4. INS American Indian Card
  5. Birth Certificate or passport issued from a U.S. Territory
  6. U.S. Passport
  7. U.S. Military Identification Cards (Active or reserve duty, dependent, retired member, discharged from service, medical/religious personnel)
  8. Common Access Card (only if designated as Active military or Active Reserve or Active Selected Reserve)
  9. Certificate of Naturalization or Citizenship
  10. Northern Mariana Card
  11. INS U.S. Citizen ID Card
  12. Permanent Resident Card
  13. Temporary Resident Identification Card
  14. Canadian Passport/Birth Certificate
  15. Non-resident Alien Canadian Border Crossing Card
  16. Valid foreign passport with a valid Record of Arrival/Departure (form I-94)
  17. Certification from California Department of Corrections or California Youth Authority
  18. Employment Authorization Card
  19. Permanent Resident Re-entry Permit
  20. Refugee travel document
  21. "Processed for I-551" stamped in a valid foreign passport
  22. Valid I-94 stamped "Refugee," "Parole or Parolee," "Asylee," or Section 207, Section 208, Section 209, Section 212d(2), HP or PIP
  23. Immigration judge's order granting asylum
  24. Certified court order or judgment issued from a court of competent jurisdiction
  25. Valid I-94 with attached photo stamped "Processed for I-551 temporary evidence of lawful admission for permanent residence"
  26. Notice of Action (I-797 Approved Petition)
  27. Mexican Border Crossing Card with valid I-94

Obtaining a driver license or learner permit in California